This is a wonderful, relaxing tonic to drink before bedtime. RealTaste Care seasoning is a delicious way to incorporate healing spices into one's diet. Care contains a wonderful array of 13 beneficial spices like turmeric, cinnamon, fenugreek, cumin, coriander, pepper and ginger. This drink is more likely to appeal to adults, rather than young children.
- 2 cups milk of choice, see tips below
- 1 1/2 tsp. RealTaste Care seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey, or pure maple syrup
1. In a small pan, whisk together milk, seasoning and sweetener
2. Gently heat to 100-110 degrees. See tips below.
Why heat to 100-110 degrees? Something about warm milk is incredibly relaxing and soothing. Scientists haven't been able to nail exactly why, but there's plenty of anecdotal evidence. If you're using raw animal milk, or raw nut milk, you won't want to destroy and denature the nutrients, protein and fat by heating the milk to a high temperature. If you keep the temperature below 110 degrees, it's still considered raw.